If you are a traveler, we are looking for you. If you have used the train in Europe, you probably have used our App. If you like to create connections that leave lasting impressions, this could be your place. If you are an Android Developer, you could work to improve the App that you and millions of people have used to travel in Europe, leaving lasting impressions. Impressions and memories that will make people want to repeat. Now, you have the chance to join our young development team, where you can make a difference by improving our codebase, processes and, or course, the team itself.
In our Android Developer we offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with professionalism and resources or an established company. We sell inter-rail passes that enable our clients to enjoy Europe’s rail network in 31 countries. We have enabled millions of travelers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe, and we are constantly working to improve our product and brand proposition for our international customers.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND ROLE
- Develop new features for our europe-rail Android app.
- Work across disciplines with designers, content creators, product owner and test engineers.
- Active participation in planning and design decisions.
WE LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience with native Android development in Java.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and mobile design principles.
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies related to Android development and features.
- Experience with GIT (version control, github / gitlab / bitbucket / etc.).
- Experience with the Scrum Agile way of working. Able to work in a cross functional team
- Have strong communication skills which includes: understanding of user feedback, ability to interpret user requirements and ability to communicate across teams and roles.
You will get extra points (but not required) if you:
- Experience or interest in Kotlin, Flutter and react native.
- Experience with location-sensitive apps.
- You have an EU passport or permit to work in the Netherlands.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- You will work in a very positive environment with helpful colleagues.
- You profit from the ambitions or scale-up: maximum freedom in your work with a professional outlook.
- An attractive salary and benefits.
- An annual training budget or € 5,000 to be used for your own personal development.
- A healthy work / life balance, including flexible working hours.
- A young, growing and informal organization.
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company.
- An international working environment.
We want you to know from the very beginning that your personal development is very important to us. For that reason, we invest in all of our employees. With your very own education budget you can develop your personal and professional experience. You can follow a training course on a short or longer period, but also attend conferences. We encourage you to think beyond your own position.
So far, this is our offer to you. We can’t wait to see what you have for us!