About the vacancy
Our company is looking for Android Engineer who is willing to build solid, scalable and maintainable mobile applications. Our Android team builds apps for phones, tablets, Android TV and Fire TV as well as connecting with Chromecast, smartwatches and other devices. We work on-demand streaming video in both, sports and entertainment sectors.
Our European office based in Amsterdam works with our colleagues in New York and San Francisco. The company is robust and established, but our team is flexible, dynamic and forward thinking. We work together and share knowledge across the global team, but you will mostly work with your local colleagues in the Amsterdam office. Many of us have been part of this team for several years… Sounds good, right?
What are we looking for
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of production experience with Java and the Android SDK.
- Experience with Reactive Programming, Dependency Injection and automated testing.
- Well versed in architecture patterns like MVC, MVP, MVVM and MVI.
- Strong understanding of the Android application lifecycle, knowledge of Rx and data binding will also be extremely useful.
- Write unit tests to make sure your code is and remains stable.
- Good spoken and written English skills. Our main language in the office is English.
- Someone that fits bright, multicultural, fun and professional people.
If you fulfill the qualifications, please do not hesitate and contact us!
You will get extra points if you have:
- Experience with streaming video.
- Experience with Android TV and/or Fire TV.
- Experience writing code in Kotlin.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- Collaboration with the best in the industry – amazing team of engineers in varying disciplines (Python, Web, iOS).
- 24 days of annual paid vacation.
- A working environment that values equality, diversity, knowledge-sharing and personal/professional development.
- Opportunities to attend and speak at meetups and conferences.
- Complete office in Amsterdam.
Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. Our company and our affiliates lead an international enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media.
With our way of working we have achieved operations in 40+ countries. Do you want to be part of it?